My name is Maria Amata Di Lorenzo. I am Italian, from Rome. I have written books that have been distributed to date in nine languages and creative texts for radio, film, and theater.
I have worked for over twenty years as a journalist and as an author and editorial consultant, and have led creative writing courses.
I love to create stories that I like to tell in words and pictures. Have you read any of my works?
I call them “the works of my heart” because they are books that are born from my soul.
Two of my books will soon be published in English:
Writing has an important place in my life. I wrote novels and stories for the theater and the cinema. I have also written essays and poems. And I was very young when I published my first book, it was a collection of verses, which had wonderful reviews and got the precious encouragement of Gesualdo Bufalino, which was very important.
My texts so far have been translated into many languages: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Polish, Turkish, Czech and Slovenian.
I cultivate my literary vocation as an interior search, as an ethical and spiritual dimension, linked to the deepest instances of my soul and not to the commercial logic of the publishing world.
What does it mean to write for me?
For me, writing is the time of maximum freedom, it is pure happiness. This is my natural dimension, in which I feel totally in tune with myself and with the world.
Our whole life is a journey to ourselves, writing for me is the way back.
My stories tell of deep feelings, which mirror my soul and raise questions about the mystery of life and love.
My works include:
- the novel Don’t Let Me Go Away (this book is now in reprint and will be available on Amazon soon);
- the book of short stories Come, I Take You There, seven short stories for sensitive souls;
- the literary essay The Light and The Cry. An Introduction to The Poetry of Elio Fiore, dedicated to one of the most expressive Italian poets of the late twentieth century;
- the collections of verses: Time That Today Sleeps Within Your Heart and Journeying Without Leaving Home (Poetry 1980-2015).
I also published the volumes of the ‘Friends of Spirit‘ series:
- Teresa of Calcutta – The Novel of a Soul
- Rosario Livatino – Justice Requires Love
- The Secret Song of Edith
- Jorge’s Road
- Code name Teresina – The Novel of Teresa of Lisieux
- Mystical, Holy, and Free Women of God
- Mystics and Saints and Intrepid Seekers of God
- The Boy with the Stars in His Eyes. Life and Thoughts of Pier Giorgio Frassati
- From The Eternity, His Love for Me. The Mystical Life of St. Faustina Kowalska
Amata for you is my website and “The place of sensitive souls” is my blog, my digital home.
A place to narrate oneself and meet with others, where to share emotions, fears, dreams. A personal writing and self-knowledge laboratory, which I imagine as a comfortable and light-filled place, like a well-lit and warm corner of the house…
My blog is currently available on the web in Italian, English, French, and Spanish.
I like people who know how to listen to the wind on their skin, smell things, capture their soul. Those who have their meat in contact with the meat of the world. Because there, there is truth, there is sweetness, there is sensitivity, there, there is still love
the poet Alda Merini wrote these words, but I could have said them too because they reflect me completely…
You entered my world and you no longer want to leave it, because you are a sensitive person and you have understood that somehow you have come to the right place.
Then subscribe to ‘Words Nourishing Soul’, the mailing list of my community. You’ll love being a part of it.